Going back into Education

Are you going back to School, College, Uni or another form of Education in September? We know starting a new education setting or returning to an existing one, can come with lots of different emotions. How are you feeling about it?

Hey, I went back to high school last week and I was more nervous than I thought I would be. I’m in year 10 and I have my mocks this year and some really important exams coming up I’m scared of falling behind again. Lockdown in the UK made everything harder and last year I did part time at school (not just because of my epilepsy) I missed out on so much school but I’m catching up. I’m worried I’m gonna have a health flare up before my exams but I’m trying to focus on now rather then later. Something that has really helped me going back to school with epilepsy is having all of my teachers know and just having a seizure first aid plan with school is really important. Even my friends knowing is stress relieving as well. School is a lot different for epilepsy I’ve had it for well over a year now and it’s not easy but it gets easier. It’s different but I’ve learnt as long as you get all the help you need you’ll be able to get through the day like everyone else. Everyone is more than their epilepsy :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for sharing Asmaa, and for your great advice. We wish you all the best for year 10 and your mocks. :slight_smile: