Introduce yourself

Hi i’m David.

I am 24 and have had epilepsy since 3 years old, so i’ve been having seizures 21 years.

I live independantly on my own with epilepsy and i am taking two types of epilepsy drugs.

In my whole life i’ve only met a few people with epilepsy, so it’s nice to see others who understand this condition well.

hi I’m Chris I’m 15 years old and I’ve had epilepsy since I was 5 years old, I am also autistic. my main hobbies consist of reading, badminton, Netflix and taking care of my pets.

Hi, my name is Freya and I’m 19 years old. I’ve had epilepsy since I was about 2 years old. My epilepsy is medication resistant so I’m currently on the surgical pathway to having brain surgery. My main hobbies are reading, watching Netflix and going on my laptop. I don’t know many people with epilepsy like me, so it’s nice to know that there are people who understand the condition well. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone
Im Tommy and Im 17, I was diagnosed at 13 and I suffer from tonic-clonic and absence seizures. Despite trying different meds, my seizures remain uncontrolled…I joined this forum to share my story and experiences with epilepsy with others! Does anyone also experience no aura before a T/C? If so…any advice?

Hi I’m also Tommy - 21 from Hull

I’ve recently been diagnosed with Idiopathic Generalised Epilepsy after having 2 seizures this year. Both were triggered by drinking the night before and being tired. Before the seizures I was dropping my phone which was a warning sign. It was really scary coming around and seeing paramedics there, especially the first time, very surreal.

I’ve been on lamotrigine for the last few weeks, so far so good.

I’m still living a fairly normal life, but do get worried sometimes.

Just here to contribute in any discussions and support where possible!

2 Likes

Hi My name is Hayley and I am a carer for my daughter who has generalised epilepsy, tonic clonic, absent and myoclonic looking forward to talking to people here.

Hi Freya hope your well i know the feeling my epilepsy is also medication resistant it sucks doesn’t it what types of seizures do you have

how often do your seizures happen

My absence seizures and simple partial seizures happen most days. Whereas, my tonic clonic seizures usually happen once or twice a month. :smiley:

awww they suck don’t they my absences are multiple times a day and tonic clonics are random and do you get auras and warnings with yours sorry about all the messages lol i don’t know many other with epilepsy around my age

No I don’t get any warnings as to when I’m going to have one. They just happen at random really. It’s fine, I’m happy to talk to people about my epilepsy.

awww that sucks and same here and ooh do you have ig and how have your seizures been today

Yeah I’ve got ig… my seizures have been alright today thank goodness.

did or would you like to add each other on it idm and that’s good do you ever get like to anxious to sleep incase u have anything but the sleep deprivation is a big trigger its like a horrible cycle

Hi, sorry I fell asleep. Yeah we can add each other. I do get slightly nervous sometimes because my tonic clonics can happen in the night.

its ok dw and cool what’s your ig and same it sucks doesn’t it

and do you find being anxious or poorly or sick makes your seizures worse

My username is freya.tallulah and stress has a big impact on my seizures.

1 Like

think ive followed the right 1 and same are u in college or uni or anything

Yeah you have… I’m looking to do do some work experience with animals soon. I’m a fan of most animals apart from big spiders you see.