University Support

What support do you get at university for your epilepsy?

Hi my daughter is at DMU in Leicester and they have been absolutely amazing.

First thing we did when viewing unis is talk to the disability team, get a feel for the uni and also with accommodation ask what adaptations they can make, DMU has two uni owned digs, so my daughter has corner proctors and what they call a delta form, this lists all her medical issues and what to do when she has a fit ect, she carrys this on her, I tutors and security have a copy and anybody at the university can access it.

Not all unis are this clued up, so ask as many questions as you can until you feel you have made the right choice.

Also with funding your be able to claim more due to being registered disabled and able to apply for a disability Grant I can’t remember off the top of my head what it’s called

Hope this helps